September 4.2017

#TokyoGhoul was a fun watch, and was surprisingly more gratifying that I had expected it could be! After too many uneasy adaptations of anime/manga-to-live action attempts, this film excelled in providing #fanservice (*Which is NOT a bad thing, really, IMHO), character interpretation, and a serviceable script which condensed the early episodes of the #anime into a film which felt like an interlude more than a complete film, I have to admit. On one end, this felt like an “extended trailer” for what splendidness await patient viewers (or so I convince myself) … while on the other hand, it serves as an example of how a decent adaptation can be… perhaps I am too biased to WANT to like this, as I adore the anime LOL And while far from "perfect", I'd recommend this film to both fans and the curious, although I'd truthfully say you might enjoy this on the small screen too :) #popcornx #inototaku #filmreview Aside: As I was watching the opening sequences, I'd imagine how apt "Tokyo Ghoul" was, as it happened in Tokyo itself ... but what about "spin-offs" like "Okinawa Ghoul"? "Harajuku Ghoul"? :p

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


I've only just finished my second viewing of the #anime series (Season 1) and it is still a splendid watch, this time around having a fuller appreciation of it’s script, story-telling decisions, character development and overall GOOD product and entertainment! This is meant purely as a rah-rah-rave thumbs-up from myself, and not some intellectual discourse on what a “good anime” should be lol I’ll always remember someone asking me to recommend an anime that does not feature #giantrobots and magical schoolgirls, and #PsychoPass is one of my own highly recommended ones :) #サイコパス #SaikoPasu is a Japanese crime thriller anime television series produced by #ProductionIG. It was co-directed by Naoyoshi Shiotani and Katsuyuki Motohiro and written by Gen Urobuchi, with character designs by Akira Amano featuring music by Yugo Kanno. The series was aired on Fuji TV's Noitamina programming block between October 2012 and March 2013. #iNotOtaku

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on

Comments