September 10.2017

Found this old postcard-print I'd done from years back, in 2010 (before my Stroke), using my own humble toy collection and failing at formating it for CMYK printing hahaha ... I Guess at "the end" I am lookin back at all that (I think) I've achieved, in tryin to somewhat convince myself if all the effort put into it, was/is worth keeping it going, amidst the baffling scorn, and disrespect I have been experiencing ... Which on the other hand is majestically soothed by the support, kindness, gratiousness and generosity of folks ... It's likened to "dammit I'm not 100% of who I am/can be becoz of Stroke" versus "thank goodness I survived a mild stroke and can gawddamn walk!", ya know? Greedy and faux-ambitious has always been my downfall, I guess haha Trying my damnest to walk away from the darkness all these years, and probably should and need to walk away from the toxic negativity hahaha I take my "work" (and "play") very seriously, no doubt "too seriously" some might insist, AND "personally" - all these years, in every job or gig I've done, and I've always found it hard to "let go" and phone it in, even if I did not enjoy the gig I was doing, IMO ... I'm not built like that. It might mean a whole lot of "nothing" to peeps, but to me it is always nearly "personal" - if not, why frakin bother halfassing it???? LOL In the end, we look back to see what we have achieved, to decide if it is worth moving forward... Like looking at a wedding picture and seeing if it was worthy to keep the marriage going :p ... But my friend Jerry made an analogy that gave me pause, when I mentioned the blog celebrated it's 10th year anniversary a couple of years back - he mentioned "like a boy" (paraphrasing lah :p) ... Which is true! I had borne this child and kept him alive for the past 13 years - from lover, to confidante, to BFF, to self-frenemy - how could I abandon him now? LOL How I next let him "grow", would be another evolution of my own #henglifesg. If I still "live in the past" (which I admittedly still do), then this postcard-print image is something I cherish, even if it might mean "only" a piece of printed card to others :) #thinkingwaytoomuchonasunday :p

A post shared by Andy Heng (@asliceofheng) on



Thank you for your Sunday solace, Indo Mee :) #eatlife #henglifesg

A post shared by Andy Heng (@asliceofheng) on


I truly think if I were ever able to truly enjoy toycons, is to develop a thick(er) skin, at the very least in asking folks to sign/doodle/sketch for me… brought along a stack of cards to ask artists to sketch, never brought them out. Used the event guide book to ask folks to sketch on, never had the courage too, constantly feeling i am imposing on their efforts, especially when they are busy doing art of stuff … thank goodness I plucked up the courage to ask #MarkNagata @maxtoyco and @quiccs and they generously agreed to! I had hoped to at least fill the cover of the #STGCC2017 event guide, but alas … am thankful I have two of my fav artists’ on it tho! My first event guide sketches memorabilia! WHOO-HOO! #toysrevilstgcc2017 #toysrevildoesstgcc2017

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


Sunday family #hengfam dinner #henglifesg #eatlife

A post shared by Andy Heng (@asliceofheng) on


#watching #kamenriderbuild #tokusatsu

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


Comments