Weight of Burdens

Walking excruciatingly slow in the pouring rain, carrying a long katana, while traversing across a huge parking lot, enroute back to class to bring back a poster design assignment, to show my lecturer … and woke up feeling tired and thoroughly unrefreshed from a night's worth of snores.

Plagued by my fellow design students spectacular work, I attribute my slipshod poster design to the lack of enthusiasm of my sponsored printer (every student design had their poster printed by different sponsors), ironically I was unsure of how my design looked like in the first place …

*Blaming others for my lack? Seems possible…*

I've prided myself on my developmentals thru the years, and was eager to show them to my "prof" in the dream, but in practical reality, people tend to rather want to look at the "result" rather than the process … I would still want to see the process tho, at least in my new students work, but that's not a "dream" per se, but "hope" for the new semester to come … but back to last night's dream…

Walking out of my prof's room crossing a office space filled with desks and furniture (but no people - another constant in my dreams), to take a lift down to an open space, I had taken a walk around a gigantic carpark complex across an open field, and decided I needed a pair of katana / samurai swords to protect myself from hooligans that plague the carpark space - which led to an increased weight I was lugging along in my journey, hampering my speed.

*Picking up burdens along the way of life thinking they may be beneficial to myself? Sounds about right.*

Then the rain started, and I found myself dragging my heels, inching ever so slowly on the path, and the daylight shone bright, reflecting against the heavy raindrops, as I stare not into the sky, but the ground ahead of me ...

*The going is tough, and I cannot see a future ahead of me clearly, only the ground in front of me? Sounds exactly right.*

The constant dreaming of walking very slowly with a heavily weighted pace, disturbs me ...

Comments